The ball check valve works by a ball that moves up and down inside the valve. The valve seat is processed to fit the ball, and the cavity is conical, guiding the ball into the valve seat to seal and prevent reverse flow.
If the capacity of the pump is not enough, you can choose a lighter ball, if the water hammer phenomenon occurs when the pump stops, you can choose a heavier ball to solve.
Ball check valves are usually preferred for pumping stations that are rarely attended because they require limited maintenance. Normally, if the ball valve makes noise due to insufficient pump capacity or water hammer.
Full bore and smooth holes ensure low head loss
Airtightness under minimum back pressure
Polyurethane balls can be used for grinding media
Provide different ball weights
Nodular cast iron or acid-resistant stainless steel
Available below DN 600
Typical problems and how to use the correct ball check valve to avoid these problems:
Water hammer effect: use +20% of ball weight
Valve vibration and resonance: use -20% of the ball weight
Advantages of butterfly valves
1. Easy and quick opening and closing, labor-saving, small fluid resistance, can be often operated.
2. Simple structure, small external size, short structure length, small volume, lightweight, suitable for large diameter valves.
3. Can transport mud, at the pipe mouth of the liquid storage minimum.
4. Good sealing can be achieved under low pressure.
5. Good adjustment performance.
6. When the valve seat channel is fully open, the effective flow area is large and the fluid resistance is small.
7. The opening and closing moment is small, because the rotary shaft on both sides of the butterfly plate by the medium action is basically equal, and the direction of the torque is opposite, so the opening and closing is less effort.
8 Sealing surface materials are generally rubber, plastic, so the low-pressure sealing performance is good.
9. Easy installation.
10. The flexible and labor-saving operation, manual, electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic modes can be selected.
The information is provided by industrial valve exporter.